Xcode without Project Find is a pain. This fix worked for Xcode 3.1.2 for me
Took 1/2 an hour to find a fix.
First, backup your project; this mod is simple, but simple to mess up. If you don’t backup, don’t blame me if you can’t open your project after this mod.
1. Completely close Xcode – not just shutdown your current project, but completely close by right-clicking in the Mac dock and hitting quit.
2. Goto your project folder (That has already been backed up!!!)
3. Right-click on whatever your project name is: Right-click on the file with the extension .prog
4. On the drop-down menu click show package contents
5. You can see files:
2. yourUserName.mode* (* could be anything)
6. Delete the 2nd one with the word mode in it
7. Hopefully problem fixed